1. I have a student at CMSE. Am I automatically a member of the CMSE PTO?
Yes! All of our parents and teachers automatically members of the PTO. We would love to have you join us at our monthly meetings.
2. I’m not getting emails from PTO. How do I receive timely information about school news and events?
Click here to create an account with CMSE PTO. It is important to register because parents are active partners in their student’s education and can only be supportive of events and activities if they are aware of them. Principal Glover often relies on PTO to communicate timely information on his behalf. Very little information is sent home via hard copy from the school and virtually nothing is sent via hard copy from PTO. This is your information pipeline! Also, this website is the only means that PTO has for obtaining information for the student directory, as CISD cannot share student information directly with us. Our student directory will not be complete if your student is not listed!
3. My personal information is already registered with CISD. Why am I not getting information about school events and news?
Registering with CMSE PTO is NOT the same as updating your information in the CISD Parent Portal. CMSE PTO is considered a separate party from the school, and as such, CISD is not allowed to share any student information from the Portal with the CMSE PTO. Registration information in the CISD Portal does NOT transfer to the CMSE PTO. The CMSE PTO has to obtain and house student information separately. Therefore, you must be registered with CMSE PTO separately, especially since Principal Glover uses the PTO to communicate important information to parents.
4. How do I find out if I’m registered with PTO to get information via email and to have the option to be included in the student directory?
Can you log in to this website? If you cannot, then please create an account. Once you have created an account on our site, which is powered by Membership Toolkit, you will have full access to everything related to the CMSE PTO. Through the registration process you will indicate what information you would like included in the directory. Once you have completed your registration you will receive a confirmation e-mail. After you have confirmed your registration, you can proceed to login and full out your information forms. Then you will have full access to our website.
5. If I am registered with PTO does that mean that my personal information will automatically be put in the student directory?
No. During the registration/account creation process on this site you will have the opportunity to indicate what information you would like included in the directory.
6. I’m not sure if I have purchased a specific item. How can I find out?
If you can’t remember if you have purchased a PTO membership already, log in to this website and click on "PREVIOUS ORDERS", which is located in the upper right-hand corner. If you still have questions, contact the PTO at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. How do I volunteer at CMSE?
Make sure you are registered to receive emails from CMSE PTO (see question 4). Fill out your CISD current school year background check. Be sure to read your PTO newsletters to learn about activities and volunteer opportunities as they arise.
You MUST complete a CISD criminal background check every school year. Click here.
8. How do I give permission for my student’s name and/or photograph to be published in PTO publications or local newspapers?
During the registration/account creation process on this site, you will have the opportunity to choose your permission settings.
9. Why is it important to give PTO permission to publish my student’s name and/or photograph? Haven’t I already given that permission when I completed the disclosure information on the CISD parent portal?
PTO must have your permission to include your student’s name and/or photograph in publications, such as the PTO newsletter and website, as well as local newspapers. This is a separate permission from the CISD disclosure information on the CISD parent portal! Unless PTO has your permission, your child’s participation in sporting or fine arts events or accomplishments such as Honor Roll, Super Bronco, Honor Society and PACE Awards will NOT be publicized. If there are special circumstances or concerns that you’d like to address with the PTO, please email email@example.com.
10. What is the Student Activity Fee?
We have combined our PTO Write-A-Check fundraising campaign and the school-sponsored Activity Fund fundraisers (such as cookie dough sales, magazine sales, or a fun run) into one main fundraiser: the Student Activity Fee. Donations are used to fund teacher grants, provide activities for students, and enrich CMS East.